Best of the World Cup: legends who won’t be playing in the next World Cup.
Now I love to work in Game of Thrones because the cast and crew are like family to me. One moment you’re with your real family and then you go to the shooting and see your other family. It’s surreal. Actually, I call Michelle (Fairley), who plays my mother in the show, my second mum.
"We’re a bit(e) funny.."
Mikhailovsky Ballet dancers in ‘Le Corsaire.’
The Germany national team presents the trophy to ‘Seven Nation Army’.
Michael Pitt by Hedi Slimane
The FIFA World Cup 2014 Statistics
- Manuel Neuer being his invincible self throughout the entire match, deserving the Golden Globe so fucking much. The shoulder of the nation - showing that he IS the best goalkeeper in the world.
- Jérôme Boateng showing a flawless performance, the best defender on the pitch tonight that has improved so much thoughout the tournament, I’m so impressed, I can’t even express myself properly.
- Mats Hummels fighting his ass off till he couldn’t even walk anymore, proving to be a fucking fighter, gosh, he’s been outstanding.
- Benedikt Höwedes being the most incredible left-back who isn’t even a natural left-back, fighting like his life depended on it and we’ve got to be so thankful to have him.
- Sami Khedira - even though he had to miss this match due to injury - being a fucking miracle; many people doubted that he’d make it to this tournament, and he proved them all wrong. This man deserves an award.
- Christoph Kramer, an youngster, that wasn’t even meant to be a part of this squad at the beginning, playing as a starter in a final, made the best of it, gave everything and was brave and eager as heck; unfortunately, he couldn’t stay for long (I hope he doesn’t have a concussion), but he left an amazing impression.
- Philipp Lahm proving once again that he’s
one ofthe best right-backs in the world, wanting to win this freakin’ title so bad - and in the end, he finally got his hands on the trophy, lifting it, becoming a legend.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger - do I even have to say anything about him? That man is a fucking MONSTER, he got fouled around 74623636 times, but he always stood up, ignoring the fact that he was bleeding, because missing even a single minute of this match just wasn’t an option. He’s a king.
- Toni Kroos making the entire world falling in love with his passes - even if not all of them were precise, but that doesn’t even matter, because, DAMN.
- Mesut Özil trying his best to show that he didn’t deserve all the harsh criticism - and he managed to do that by showing an amazingly fluent performance, fighting for balls, defending… Thank you for never giving in.
- André Schürrle being the most effective, most dangerous joker the world has ever seen, creating chances like a madman, simply unstoppable.
- Thomas Müller being indestructable, running and passing and falling and running some more - and even though he didn’t get to score and earn the Golden Ball, I’m so fucking proud of him because him worked so hard that he wasnn’t even able to dance and jump properly after the final whistle.
- Miroslav Klose - I won’t even lie, I sobbed like a child when he got subbed out. This man is a phenomenon, a legend and I would have loved to see hm score one more time. And the best part is - he said that he could imagine to play some more…!
- Per Mertesacker getting the chance to play at least a few minutes in this final - and the first thing he got to do was heading the ball away like the fucking incredible giant that he is. After cheering for the team as much as he could, after encouraging and supporting them like the best rolemodel ever, he deserves this so much.
- Mario Götze - I have no words. He got criticized so many times lately and then he comes in and scores the winning goal. The goal that made Germany become World Champion. This is unbelievable and I’m pretty sure that he still hasn’t realized what he’s done. Amazing.
- Our entire bench being the most supportive, most flawless, most precious bench ever and I’m so happy and proud of our squad and this incredible teamspirit they have developed. Screw all the fucking club barriers, they were completely non-existent in the end.
And, I swear, if didn’t cry throughout the entire extra time, I would have started crying while watching what happened after the final whistle.
- Philipp Lahm - and the whole squad - finally lifting that trophy, After all these years of heartbreak and tears, he represented the entire Generation 2006 that has finally become legendary.
- Him and Bastian Schweinsteiger walking down the stairs side by side; captain and vice-captain united.
I almost screamed.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger crying his heart out.
My poor heart, ugh, but what a beautiful sight.
- Lukas Podolski posing with fans, his son, his teammates, fooling around with Bastian Schweinsteiger like it was 2006 all over again, pretending TO FUCKING KISS HIM (while Basti called him “Lukki”, I will never forget this, NEVER,
I almost hyperventlated).
- Bastian Schweinsteiger talking to Louis Podolski - and the comm had nothing better to do than to say “Well, isn’t that endearing, the big Schweinsteiger and the little Podolski”.
More ugly sobbing.
- Manuel Neuer and Kevin Großkreutz carrying the German flag together and ending up shoving and kicking each other. Classic.
- Mats Hummels being totally exhausted, so he had to lie down for a while, cuddling with his girlfriend and teammates down there.
- Miroslav Klose being totally overwhelmed by his feelings, shaking his head in disbelief, teary eyed, cuddling with his sons.
- Erik Durm cuddling with Miro’s sons.
I fucking squealed.
- Shkodran Mustafi dancing like a fucking smooth professional.
- Per Mertesacker cuddling with basically everyone, especially Ron-Robert Zieler, Mario Götze, Christoph Kramer…
- Mario Götze carrying a jersey of Marco Reus ALL THE FUCKING TIME LIKE IT WAS THE MOST PRECIOUS POSSESSION HE HAD, EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE WORLD CUP TROPHY.
Again, I squealed.
- 23 men acting like 12-year-olds, celebrating the happiest day of their life, cuddling with each other, singling, dancing, laughing, crying - HAVE I MENTIONED THAT BASTIAN SCHWEINSTEIGER AND LUKAS PODOLSKI HAVE TECHNICALLY KISSED EACH OTHER YET??????????
To sum it all up: I am so happy, so proud, still teary-eyed and smiling like an idiot. Thank you, boys, for everything. :’)